Chairman of the Board of Directors and Executive Director
Ognian Donev was born on December 22nd, 1957. He studied in Hamburg, Vienna, and graduated in "International Economic Relations" in Sofia University of Economics. Mr. Donev obtained a Doctor's degree in Economics in 1986 in Berlin. Ognian Donev is a Chairman and Managing director of "Sopharma" AD.
He also is:
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sopharma AD
- Member of the Advisory Board of CEIB
- Member of the German-Bulgarian Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Member of the Bulgarian Corporate Governance Committee
- Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce for Bulgaria
- Member of the MB of BGPharmA – Bulgarian Pharmaceutical Association of Generic Medicines • Member of the Managing Board of the BCCI
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Medical University, Sofia
- Vice-president of the Vienna Economic Forum
- Member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria (AmCham)
- Member of the Control Board with the Bulgarian Network of UN Global Compact
- Bearer of the Burov prize for industrial management and "Mister Economy"
Mr. Donev is fluent in German, English, Russian and Italian.
He is married and has two sons.