Home > Press > Sales revenues 2016

Sales revenues 2016

9 January 2017

 Sopharma AD hereby notifies that the revenues from sales for 2016 decrease with 5% compared to 2015, including 2% decrease in domestic sales mainly due to the overall market price erosion (for the same period the company has a 7% increase in sales in packages) and a 6% decrease in export sales.       

“In the past few months we see some signs for economic and political stabilization in Russia, which give us certain security for the results of 2017. We are optimistic for the trend of recovery of the sales in the Ukraine. After the restructuring of our export activities our local teams work systematically for the increase of the results on a number of markets like Poland, Belarus, Latvia, etc. We are very proud with the successful registrations of new products which we are yet to develop. An excellent example is Tuspan – the coughing syrup, which will be available on a number of European markets even this year in case of successful and timely procedures. This year started with a long-awaited news concerning our project of registration of our product Tabex in the USA. In case a restructuring takes place between Achieve and Oncogenex (our remaining shares in the capital of Extab will be transformed in shares in Achieve in case of such restructuring) there will be two advantages for us: first, the new joint team of the two companies will have a much bigger chance of a successful registration of Tabex and second, “Sopharma” AD will become a shareholder in a public company traded on NASDAQ.”, says Ognian Donev, PhD, Executive Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors, “Sopharma” AD.